We are looking to add an ambitious web developer who is looking to continually improve their own skills and experience to join our creative digital team.
The successful candidate will have web development skills in a range of environments and ideally have prior digital agency experience. You will have strong capabilities in platforms ranging from WordPress through to eCommerce systems such as, WooCommerce, Magento and bespoke build projects.
Working as part of a talented and established creative team, you’ll be responsible for building websites from the ground up, management of existing sites and digital projects, and ad-hoc additional development. Working in collaboration with clients and colleagues, you’ll be involved throughout all stages of the web design and development process. So excellent attention detail, and great pride in the work you produce is essential.
- Working closely with our Head of Studio to ensure projects run smoothly
- Liaising with clients and providing consult on new and existing projects
- Leading client and team meetings
- Writing project scopes and providing technical direction of new projects
- Maintaining and updating existing sites / projects
- Meeting agreed deadlines
- Development and maintenance of websites by executing build, ongoing maintaining and additional development
Technical skills and experience required:
- The ability to code clean, semantic HTML5/CSS3
- Experience with CSS pre-processors (SASS/LESS)
- Good client-side JS (jQuery/Vue.js) skills
- Strong WordPress experience, standard methodologies and coding standard (experience with other platforms such as Drupal, Magento etc. is desirable)
- Development and testing of responsive websites for multiple browsers, platforms and devices
- Proficient in Linux administration, Apache configuration
- Excellent understanding of PHP
- Knowledge of MySQL database administration – creating and editing database structures
- Experience with at least 1 MVC framework
- An understanding of best practices for search engine optimisation
- Version control systems, ideally Git
- Good working knowledge of web and mobile UX/UI best practices.
- The ability to handle several tasks simultaneously