The successful candidate will have strong web development skills in a range of environments and ideally have prior digital agency experience. You will have strong capabilities in WordPress through to eCommerce systems such as, WooCommerce, Magento and bespoke build projects.
Working as part of a talented and established creative team, you will be responsible for building websites from the ground up, alongside the management of existing sites and digital projects.
Working in collaboration with clients and colleagues, you will be involved throughout all stages of the web design and development process for a range of high profile, national and international clients. We are therefore looking for someone with excellent communication skills who can help in our quest to promote best practice across all disciplines. You will posses an excellent attention to detail and take great pride in the work you produce, resulting in high levels of accuracy across all elements. You will also be well versed in working to tight deadlines whilst delivering a first class service.
In this role you will be the ‘voice’ who represents the development team and will work closely with the Head of Studio and company directors, proactively helping to facilitate the company’s future digital plans.
- Scoping project requirements
- Ownership of projects and code quality
- Meeting agreed deadlines
- Managing, training and motivating the development team (and other colleagues where necessary)
- Working closely with the account management team
- Maintaining and updating existing sites / projects.
Technical skills and experience required:
- Advanced WordPress experience, standard methodologies and coding standard (experience of other CMS such as Drupal, WooCommerce, Magento etc. is desirable)
- Development and testing of responsive websites for multiple browsers, platforms and devices
- Proficient in Linux administration, Apache configuration, MySQL database design and PHP web development
- Good knowledge of PHP and MySQL including modern PHP frameworks such as Symfony and Laravel
- Object oriented programming and design pattern
- Version control systems, ideally Subversion or Git
- Good working knowledge of web and mobile UX/UI best practices.
If you’re ready for your next challenge, send your CV with details of your current salary package and notice period to email@example.com