We’re looking for a talented designer with exceptional conceptual and layout skills to join the Unwritten team.
You will already have at least two years design experience under your belt, with ideally one year or more spent in a creative agency environment. Based in our Newcastle City Centre office, you will receive an attractive salary package and holiday entitlement, a great working environment and excellent career progression opportunities.
You will be comfortable bringing brands to life across a multitude of channels. You will enjoy working on a variety of projects, from crafting a brand marque and it’s guidelines one week, through to presenting visual identity ideas over printed marketing collateral the next. Your creations will work perfectly on- and off-line, and you demonstrate this through to the development of visually striking yet relevant online experiences, be that a website, email or social ad campaigns. At Unwritten our objective is to produce design that provokes an impact.
This is where you come in!
We are looking to recruit a designer who takes great pride in how their work looks, how it works and how to make it better.
- Two years+ design experience (one within an agency environment)
- A keen interest in and understanding of branding
- Experience working with and creating brand guidelines
- Excellent visual communication, storyboarding and visualisation skills
- Experience of creating design for an online audience (web, email, online/social ads)
- Manage the design process from concept to artwork/upload of final files
- Ability to work independently and within a team as required
- Good management of time across several work streams
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite skills
- High attention to detail to ensure errors/amendment time is kept to a minimum
- A dedication that ensures final deliverables meet both Unwritten standards and client expectations
- Present work and ideas internally
- Work on the creation and production of multiple campaigns and design solutions for the client
- Understand how to embrace constructive feedback to drive the creation of great work
- A fresh thinker who embraces challenges and new methods of thinking
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Strong communications skills
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
Where might this role take me (progression routes)?
As a designer at Unwritten you will work on a variety of brands across multiple industry sectors, gaining excellent experience within an ambitious agency environment. Those with a helpful, can do attitude and who demonstrate their craft at a consistently high standard often progress to senior designer within a few years and eventually go on to positions such as studio manager or creative director.
To apply for a design role at Unwritten, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your current salary and notice period.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.